Mountain Archery Fest WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Mountain Archery Fest events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from archery and other known and unknown events and activities and/or the use of the related buildings, structures, equipment, roads, bodies of water, land and all other real and personal property whether owned by Mountain Archery Fest or others is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I acknowledge and agree that the use of archery equipment, and other weapons by myself or others on club premises or otherwise are inherently dangerous and high-risk activities whether such archery equipment are discharged by myself or others; and
3) I understand that the use of broadheads is strictly prohibited; and
4) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
5) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I understand that although not required, wearing of masks is highly encouraged. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
6) I am aware that cameras are placed randomly on all courses and throughout the event venue and that videography will be taking place during event hours. I understand that pictures and videos obtained by MAF and its partners, maybe used for MAF media purposes but will not be sold to or shared with third parties; and
7) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Mountain Archery Fest its officers, directors, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, members, guests, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of real property and personal property used to conduct the events and activities (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. I HAVE READ T HIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION) This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, a nd f or myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these events and activities and/or the use of related real and personal property as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR OWN NEGLIGENCE.
Electronic Signatures. If this Agreement has been signed with an electronic signature the parties hereto consent and agree to the use of such electronic signature with respect to this Agreement pursuant to the Electronic Commerce Act 2000, S.O. 2000, c17 as amended from time to time.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Stride Events, Mountain Archery Festival, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Mountain Archery Fest at Soldier Hollow, and individual Mountain Archery Fest at Soldier Hollow organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of hazards around the event, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Stride Events I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.strideevents.com website. Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Stride Events and its partner Mountain Archery Festival.